15 June 2012

for the love of letterpress

I've had a fabulous love of paper goods for as long as I can remember. Stationery, greeting cards, calendars, notebooks, wrapping paper and all of their paper kin have always made me swoon. I can spend an inordinate amount of time in any store selling any of the above-named goods. Primo example: I was in Paper Source for about two hours last week. I went in to buy a thank you card.

I even had my own greeting card company in the 6th grade called Mandy's Monkey Moonshine Company (no clue how I decided on that name...I'll blame it on being 11 years old.) It existed on the floor of my bed- and living rooms and I created everything from birthday cards to mother's day cards to sorry-you-got-food-poisoning cards using my cherished Pentel marker set and way too much paper. Good thing my mom has always been Eco-conscious and either reused or recycled all of my rejected prototypes, because there were many!

Then one fabulous day, I discovered letterpress. It was love at first sight and I have no problem admitting that I've been semi obsessed ever since. I have a massive card collection for every occasion known to man for which a card exists. I just can't help myself. They're so pretty. And I really do end up using them......eventually.

Over the years, I've come across countless companies churning out gorgeous letterpress stationery, so I thought I'd share some of my very favorites....








amanda

No comments: