01 June 2012

kitchen envy

I love cooking. I love baking. I love food. And while my trusty mustard-yellow-and-blue-tiled 1930s kitchen does the job nicely and is actually pretty roomy (gotta give props where props are due), I still get major kitchen envy every time I see pictures of other peoples' non-Brady-Bunch culinary havens.

I swoon over subway tile, drool over dishwashers, go bananas over wooden beams, and have a mild coronary over Carrara marble. And don't even get me started on Sub-Zero refrigerators and Viking ranges.

I've done a lot to tone down the original decor and make my kitchen a more inviting place, but there's only so much one can do, especially to a rental. That mustard-yellow tile I mentioned above actually has gold-ish flecks throughout it. And not in a good, retro, that's-actually-kinda-cool way. It's more like a did-someone-just-projectile-vomit-bran-cereal-all-over-the-tiles? way. Not pretty.

So I dream....















1. House Beautiful; 2. Elle Decor; 3. Metropolitan Home; 4. Skona Hem; 5. Apartment Therapy; 6. Elle Decor;        7. Apartment Therapy; 8. Canadian House & Home; 9. Milk & Honey Home; 10. Apartment Therapy; 11. Elle Decor; 12. Tyler Florence Kitchen of the Year; 13. The Style Files

♥ amanda

No comments: